- Describe the types of information we collect from you when you visit the UK sections of our websites (the "Sites").
- Explain how we may use this information.
- Explain who else this information may be passed to and who else may use it.
Jaguar Land Rover Limited (referred to in this policy as "Jaguar Land Rover Limited", "we", "us" and "our") is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide this type of information, we are legally obliged to use it in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998. You can find out more information about these laws and your rights at www.ico.gov.uk.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post any changes on this web page. You should check this page from time to time to keep up-to-date with any such changes, as the changes will apply to any data we collect after the change. Reasonable changes will also apply to data collected before the change.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Jaguar Land Rover Limited. Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF. Registered in England No: 1672070.
The Sites may contain links to and from other websites, including websites operated by third parties. We have no control over those websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they should have their own privacy policies. Please check those policies before you use or submit any personal information to or through those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or their policies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
In the course of using our Sites, we may collect, keep and process personal information from you. This includes:
- Contact details such as your name, postal and email addresses and a contact telephone number. This is collected when you create an account on the Sites, if you contact us by sending us an email or filling in a form on the Sites, or if you place an order on the Sites.
- Vehicle Registration Number ? When creating a new account, this field is optional. If you complete this field, we will use this information to check your details on our database in order to provide you with a more tailored service.
- Records of any correspondence between you and us.
- Any information that you provide in response to surveys conducted on the Sites, if you choose to respond to them (you do not have to respond to these surveys).
- Details of orders placed by you through the Sites and details in relation to any resulting contracts.
- Details of your visits to the Sites and the resources that you access through it.
Payment details (such as debit or credit card details) are not collected by Jaguar Land Rover but through a specialist third party. Datacash, owned by Mastercard are a leading online payment processing company and who are regulated certified by the Payment Card Industry and are PCI compliant. PCI certification means that your payment details are safe.
DataCash successfully processes up to a billion transactions each year and prevents over $pound;1 million of attempted fraud a day for over 30,000 Merchants, worldwide.
It is possible to view the Sites without providing any personal details. However, without providing your details, you will not be able to receive further communications from us, place orders or use some of the other functions of the site for example, the ability to place or track an order.
You must ensure that any personal information you provide is true, accurate and complete. It is also your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your personal information so that we can ensure our records are complete and up-to-date.
Please note that we will never ask you to confirm any personal details, log-in details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraudulent uses.
Protecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect information via the Sites from those we actually know are under the age of 13.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
Whenever you browse the Sites, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the device you use to access the Sites.
This information does not itself identify you personally. However, if you have logged into an account on the Sites at the time that we record this information, we will be able to match these details back to you.
The information includes the following:
- The date and time that your device accesses the Sites.
- How many and which pages you visit during a ''session'' on the Sites and how long you were on the Sites.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be the domain name of your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the ''IP'' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access the Sites.
- The web browser you use and your device''s operating system.
- The site you were on before you linked to the Sites (for example, Google, if you found us using a search engine).
When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use "format sensing" technology, which allows us to determine whether you received and opened our e-mail. This may involve the collection of certain information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the email; the time the email was viewed; the type of browser that opened the email; and the identification number of any cookie on the device previously placed by us (see our Cookies Policy, which can be found here for further details). By consenting to us sending you email marketing communications, you consent to this.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Providing the Sites and the products and services made available through it to you.
- Processing any orders that you submit through the Sites, and performing our obligations under any contracts which may result from those orders.
- Information you provide in response to surveys may be used for market research purposes.
- If you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we may contact you to inform you about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Details of your visits to the Sites may be used to help us understand how users use the Sites, to analyse the effectiveness of campaigns and to help us improve the Sites generally.
From time to time we may also ask you whether we can use particular information that you provide us for other purposes. For example we may ask you if you are happy for us to pass your details to carefully selected companies whose products and services may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing this then we may use that information for the purposes that you have agreed.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information that you choose to provide to us will be held on a secure computer server. Any information you supply to us is sent through a secure SSL encypted connection between your device and our secure data centre. This information is immediately encrypted on our servers and held in our secure data storage area. All payment transactions are encrypted via SSL.
Due to the international nature of our business, your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers outside of the European Economic Area. This will only take place for the purposes set out in the "How we use your information" section above. By submitting personal information to us, you consent to this processing.
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We may from time to time, disclose your information to the following third parties in connection with the purposes described above in the "How we use your information" section:
- Our affiliated or associated companies.
- Approved Jaguar Land Rover Limited dealers, agencies and licensees.
- Credit reference agencies such as Experian, Equifax and Callcredit, and other providers of financial or transaction services in connection with the processing of transactions and fraud screening.
- Contractors used to host, operate and maintain the website on our behalf.
- Contractors used to process and fulfil orders that you place with us.
- Any organisation that we appoint to handle email or other direct marketing communications.
- Any other third party, if this is reasonably required in order to assist you with any enquiry, or to process or fulfil any order that you have submitted via the Sites.
Where we provide your information to contractors to use on our behalf then we require them to comply with our instructions, not to use it for their own business purposes unless you have consented to this and to take reasonable steps to keep it secure.
Where you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to selected companies to enable them to market their goods or services to you then we may provide your information to those companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose your personal information.
- If the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other applicable law otherwise permits us to do so. For example, the Data Protection Act 1998 permits us to disclose personal information for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, where necessary in connection with legal proceedings, and for a number of other reasons.
We may share generalised information about Sites visitor patterns with third parties. However, we will not provide information to them which allows them to identify individual visitors.
Except as set out above, we will not share any of your personal information with any third party without your consent.
CONNECTING THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Sites allow you to login to your account through Facebook or Twitter platforms. You may find this simplifies and speeds up your login process.
When you log in to your account through one of the above platforms, we collect information about you as permitted by the relevant platform terms and conditions, which may include your first and last names and email address.
We may ask for information about website users at other times, too, such as when they contact us with a question. We may combine this information with other information (including personally identifiable information) about users that we may have collected from other sources and retained on our databases, however this will always be in line with the privacy notice we have issued at the time that data was collected.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out below. You can obtain further information about your rights from the UK''s Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk
If you wish to find out what information we hold about you, please use the contact details below. However, we may make a small charge for providing the information which will be no more than any legal maximum (currently $pound;10).
You have the right to have information about you corrected. If you need to amend any of your personal details, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details below. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate personal details and update them as necessary.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know at any time. You can do this by editing the communication preferences in your account or by contacting us using the contact details below. Each email that we send to you will also include an option for you to opt out of further emails.
Subject Access Request
Jaguar Land Rover Administration